Waypoints: Tim Horton’s in Morden (start and finish); the picnic shelter in Pembina Valley Provincial Park, the West Main Cabin in Turtle Mountain Provincial Park, and the Jackfish Cabin in Spruce Woods Provincial Park
- This challenge is based on honesty and integrity, adhere to the guidelines or risk being called a Lance by the rest of us
- Attempts at the ride/run can be made anytime, pick your days and go.
- You must declare your ride or run at least two days prior to your attempt via an online form on the Operacion Muerto blog
- You will need to agree to and accept the waiver stating that you are doing this under your own volition and that you understand the risks
- You can ride solo or as a group, have a great time and enjoy the adventure
- This is a self supported venture, no calling for help (“can you bring me a chain, I am at…”), you must get there under your own power and by your own devices. You can accept help from fellow cyclists. You can purchase items along the way if you need them but you cannot phone family and friends to bring you things during the ride. You can cache water and other supplies along your route ahead of time (mostly applicable to the runners) but this must me done by you, the person who is attempting the ride/run.
- This is to be a continuous ride/run and must be made in one attempt. You can stop for as long as you need during your attempt but you can’t “leave” the course and rejoin it later, i.e. you do 1/2 a route one weekend, go back home for the week and then pickup where you left off last weekend.
- Respect the land and wildlife, pack out your garbage, and boil or treat water before drinking.
- You can only use gravel roads on these challenges with the exception of:
- paved roads within 1.6 kms of entering and leaving any town you travel through, and within the town of course.
- paved roads leading to a bridge but you must enter the paved road as close to the bridge as possible and exit on the first possible road after the bridge
- Highway 5 North of mile road 41N
- Highway 34 between Ladysmith and Camille Roads
- Highway 31 (Run) North of mile road 11N
- You must document your ride or run and provide pictures and description of your adventure. This will be recorded on the Operacion Muerto site – this is after all also a talking organization. Your ride attempt will not be posted if you do not submit a minimum of 15 pictures, including pictures of each waypoint, and a minimum of 200words describing the entire ride or one part of the ride.
- You only get one attempt – make it count.
Maps of the Waypoints